Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fear Presentation Reactions: Day 1

First thing's first: it was weird having a class session where nearly everyone was talking freely. I don't know if it was being out of the chairs or the topic forcing discussion to avoid fear/awkwardness, but it was awesome.

An unintended side-effect, however, was setting a mood in the room that I was incredibly hesitant to kill by presenting my (considerably "debbie downer") project.

While Pluckett's and Glasscock's projects were interesting, cool, and fun, they were "cop-outs." It's not my place to dictate what they get out of the class or how they do it, but they both avoided the topic, which perhaps is as telling as doing it "right."

Sandy's presentation about her fear of her son being kidnapped was the most powerful, which was bizarre to me, since I don't have children. I think what did it is that the emotional response to that situation is so clear and intense, it's easy to relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment