Monday, April 11, 2011

Why am I here?


When I saw the assignment, I couldn't help but think of that video. I had a hard time coming up with an answer and creation to this question. I've come up with a pair that I'm conflicted about. The answer to the question, at least when "here" is equal to "alive", is often tied to one's religious beliefs, of which I have none.

My answer to the question was the following: "I'm here to become the best possible version of myself." On face level, it sounds like a cop-out answer, but after thinking about it over th weekend, it still resonates with me. I like the things in my life to have a purpose, and I don't think I would've been satisfied with my answer to the question if it couldn't stand the test of time. My answer does that as it is tied heavily in how I define myself, which is not static. However, it still is a purpose in life that demands that I improve myself.

As far as a creation, I decided to make something that would remind me as to why I exist, in the event I forgot or strayed from my path or goals. It's a simple wallpaper, but I like simple.





Like with the answer itself, I'm concerned that it's *too* simple, but I made it for me, and I wanted it to be something that I would actually use, and right now I'm using minimalistic wallpapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment