Monday, April 11, 2011

Fear Response - Day 2

So, that was an interesting class period. It was refreshing (although that seems like a bad thing to say) to know that having shit happen to you previously or currently is a shared trait in this class. It reminds me of something I heard on a podcast once. Jerry Holkins, the writer for Penny Arcade, said something that boiled down to, "There is something inherently broken in people that leads them to want to create."

Broken is perhaps a word too harsh, as it suggests that it's a trait that needs to be fixed, but I don't think he's wrong. While there were plenty of people who talked just about phobias as opposed to fears, I don't recall anyone saying that their life has been perfect up until this point.

I think Colby's presentation was most impactful for me due to my dad and step-mom's drug addiction, but there were quite a few heavy-hitters in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment